Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thank God for Vacations!



Just got back from Cancun -- actually Playa del Carmen. What a paradise!! Can't upload my pictures here -- not sure why -- but this is a pretty good idea of the view I had for 11 glorious days . . . minus the fellow beach potatoes and all . . .

There were excursions to Cozumel for a couple of dives, Tulum, (went to Chicken Pizza and Coba last year), deep sea fishing, diving with the hotel dive shop (Dressel Diver's -- best guides around), Dos Ojos Cenote for another dive, Akumal, Playa del Carmen proper, including several hundred local shops, Captain Ron and Sharkeys, Senor Frog's, The Oasis and The Blue Parrot, (among other local establishments).

However, I did manage to get enough sun that my SO (who did not go along) said that if I had come back any more tan I would have needed a Green Card to get back into the States. He can be so darn cute sometimes.

Very relaxing trip. Needed that. Can't say enough good things about the hotel: Iberostar Quetzal in Playacar. Son muy simpaticos. It's nice to see the same faces every year. Makes it seem like you're visiting old friends. They even remember you from year to year. Hmmm . . . I wonder if that says more about them or about us.

My group starts planning for the trip in July each year. It's nice to have something to look forward to. I've already started saving for 2008 . . . only 11 1/2 more months to go!!

2 comments:

moody rn said...

Glad you had a doo trip, but I'm more glad that your back. I've really missed you being around lately. Love you!!

tigbeane said...

I also missed you. I had hoped for the Eeyore tattoe, but after seeing the shirt you got Zippy, I realized that would make an awesome tat.

Glad we're friends, I need all the ones I can get.